1 these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence [syn: dunce, dunderhead, numskull, blockhead, bonehead, lunkhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, muttonhead, shithead, fuckhead]
2 the striking part of a hammer
3 medium-sized live-bearing shark with eyes at either end of a flattened hammer-shaped head; worldwide in warm waters; can be dangerous [syn: hammerhead shark]
- The portion of a hammer containing the metal striking face (also including the claw or peen if so equipped).
- Any of various sharks of the genus Sphyrna or Zygaena having the eyes set on projections from the sides of the head, which gives it a hammer shape.
- A fresh-water fish; the stone-roller in the minnow family Cyprinidae.
- An African fruit bat Hypsignathus monstrosus, so called from its large blunt nozzle.
Hammerhead may refer to:
- The head of a hammer.
- Black Market/Hammerhead, a 2004 EP by heavy metal band Solace
- Hammerhead (vinyl), its 2006 vinyl re-release
- Hammerhead: Shark Frenzy a 2005 TV movie starring William Forsythe, Jeffery Combs and Hunter Tylo
- Hammerhead (Dino-riders), a Rulon character from the TV cartoon Dino-Riders
- Hammerhead (comics), a Marvel Comics foe of Spider-Man
- Hammerhead, the shark humanoid creature from The Maxx comic books and animated series
- Hammerhead, the nickname for the Star Wars character Momaw Nadon
- Hammerhead Hannigan, the leader of Taurus Bulba's henchmen in the television cartoon series Darkwing Duck
- SA-43 Hammerhead, a fictional strike fighter spaceplane in the setting of the television show Space: Above and Beyond
In military history:
In other categories:
hammerhead in French: Hammerhead
hammerhead in Portuguese: Cabeça-de-martelo (desambiguação)